My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Actual City Life

Well, I've started my new job. Which means I don't get to post stupid things everyday or read everyone else's blogs full of stupid things. I have to do real work. Or pretend I am, or call assistant things "real work" because it makes me feel special.
I'm working in downtown Baltimore, right near Lexington Market. It reminds me how much I love New York City because everything is so convenient; a bagel shop, laundremat, and liquor store on every block. You can walk the streets with many other people and feel great that you're so independent and self sufficient but feel a bond with all these other people at the same time. Walking in the area everyday is the first time I've felt like this in Baltimore. Don't get me wrong, I love living next to the rich houses with a short distance to Hampden-but it's just nice going to work feeling like a City Gal! (or City Rat)
I was walking to the market to check out my lunch options and on the way back realized not only was I the only white, under 30 person walking along the street of perhaps 10-15 people, I was the only non-crackhead. Everyone around me was talking to themselves and stumbling. I'm not even scared that it's a ghetto area if all I have to look out for is running into one of them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

OR hitting one of them with your car.

9:25 AM

 
Blogger Robert said...

and where else can you get a lake trout sandwich, some white fake reeboks, and a hairweave all in one place??

11:23 AM

 
Blogger emerson said...

I hope Fell's Point is still a cool place to go. And also that Reptilian Records is still there. Little Italy is a must and if there's a Three Brothers Pizza anywhere near you have a spinach calzone for me.

You're now an official Balti-Moron.

6:38 AM

 
Blogger Ratface said...

ewww, spinich calzone. I'll definitely try the pizza though! Was the Ottobar there when you were here?

10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home