My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Monday, June 04, 2007

First Friday

Todd and i used to reflect, monthly, on every First Friday celebration to think about how different our lives are month to month. In fact, I probably wrote a blog about this one previous First Friday.
Last year at this time, I had just moved to Las Vegas, I was going out every night, I didn't have many bills-but my only job was Urban Outfitters so I wasn't making too much money either. I was having a lot of fun exploring the town and meeting lots of new people.
July arrived, I discovered the popular places to go, and picked up a new job for more money. August came and it was my birthday. I was a drunken mess at the Art Bar, Big Johns, and some random sushi joint. I had started dating a guy and it was my first realization that dudes from Las Vegas are fucked up.
I stopped drinking and September rolled around. I was at the art bar thinking about how I just wrecked my car, i owed my Mom $400, i had moved into a house with my own room, and i was running out of money quickly. And the next day I broke up with that crazy dude.
In October, I can't remember if i ended up at First Friday, but nonetheless I picked up a new crazy cokehead and another job.
December was the last First Friday with Todd and Mike and we headed downtown. I made a fool of myself in front of Adam West, some Santa Claus in a wheelchair, and we enjoyed our time at Art Bar and Slanted Clam. I was upset my best friends were leaving me, but glad that Morgan was still going to be around.
Weather was cold and First Friday was useless winter months.
April came and Melinda and i came out of First Friday hibernation. We celebrated at the Bunkhouse while Venessa's band played and i was-as ush-a drunk mess. I met a guy (actually 2) that night and proceeded to the Slanted Clam.
May was more drunken debauchery with Melinda and Chantal and that same dude-but we preferred the Double Down this time around.
June's First Friday has passed and Todd was back for it! I can't wait until next month with Mike again as well. We didn't even make it to downtown because the Double Down and Bunkhouse were fun enough.

Soooo...maybe the months haven't changed that month. I go to the same bars, get really ridiculous, hang out with my really fun friends, meet a guy that turns out crazy, and look forward to the next month. Now that i think about it, First Friday is what i look forward to every month because i do know what's coming. So no matter if I'm broke, have 4 jobs, or different people are around-I'm still having a really good time here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home