My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

The imaginary boyfriend

Talking to a coworker today, he said "my boyfriend-he's it. i don't have the imaginary boyfriend in the back of my mind anymore." you know, the guy who says what you wish your boyfriend did or who gets you the perfect present you thought your man would. I don't think i've dated a man without the imaginary boyfriend. For example, with my dates i'm always fishing for compliments. Like when i get all dressed up and he doesn't say anything i have to go "so, don't you think i look cute today?" my imaginary perfect man would have already said that. Or maybe i'm just a huge drama queen, like "why didn't you call me back right away? What could you have possibly been doing?" The imaginary one would have either called me back at the right time or apologized at my angryness.
So being that this "man" has alway been in the back of my mind, I've had to accept the fact that no one i date is perfect and I have to deal with a few things like forgetfullness, non-good-gift giving skills, stubborness, etc.
I've written blogs before about, when is it time to just stop accepting these faults and just give up on the guy? Well, when is it time for the guy to stop dealing with my constant drama and questions and just give up on me? I know i'm a good girlfriend in a lot of aspects, but thanks to my sensitive and attaching nature, I am a pretty bad girlfriend with...well attachment and getting upset over everything.
My boyfriend pointed this out to me and I've really been working to change it. But as he said to me tonight, 'why are we together? You're controlling and make me feel guilty about everything'. i told him i really have been trying to change, but i guess there's only a certain extent to which i can. He's the only guy that hasn't bothered to put up with it. I can't blame him for it. I'm just waiting for the one guy i meet that is the one. That is my imaginary boyfriend so i don't have one in the back of my mind. Maybe then i won't be a dramatic, overly sensitive, annoying, bitchy girlfriend. Or maybe this imaginary boyfriend is just someone who is willing to put up with it and loves me for even being that person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home