My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Listen Up

I've recently come to the conclusion that there are very few people in my life that are good listeners. Perhaps there's just very few people who are even capable of listening to someone and caring about them. I'm going to venture to say there are approximately only 4 friends of mine that will listen to anything i have to say and be there for me without arguing, yelling, lecturing, or complain about all my complaining. We are human, we talk through our problems because it makes us feel better. But I guess it's also human for people to not want to listen. My least favorite part about these people is when instead of listening to my story, you can see how quickly they want me to shut up so they can tell their version of the same story. I was telling a friend how I moved into a pretty ghetto neighborhood and he got so worried and concerned about me but comforted my worries. I told annother boy and he's like-I know that area. It was stupid to move there, and then didn't want to hear the rest of my story.
I thought it was because these people just didn't care about me, aren't concerned about my wellbeing and life, and that they're extremely selfish-but maybe that's just the way they are and can't listen or care about a friend's life the way i can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

I'm sorry- I'm way too consumed with my own problems to hear what you just said. Could you repeat that?

12:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home