My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Dope Show

After about 9 months, as I'm sitting at the house in Pennsylvania, I get a call from a 717 number. It was Heroin Aaron. I called him back while I was sitting at BWI waiting for a plane to take me back the west coast and we had a 30 minute conversation. A conversation that i'd been waiting to hear since last August.

He got out of jail the night before he called me. He was in rehab 5 months before that. So he's now about 6 months sober. He OD'd again and realized he needed to get his shit together-sent himself to detox and now here he is. He said it was maybe a bad way things had to work out like that, but he couldn't be happier with how it is right now. He kept stressing that he was so happy. He's even going to school in January and is looking for jobs this week.

It was probably the best conversation I've had with someone-I had such a smile on my face the whole time he told me everything. Despite breaking my heart, standing me up numerous times, and putting me in shitty situations, I can honestly say he's one of the only people in my life I just want to see happy, regardless of how i feel.

I've thought a lot about karma lately, and about what goes around comes around. I think I've done a pretty damn good job of being nice to people and being there for them even though they treat me like a piece of shit. I finally feel like it paid off when he called me. He doesn't talk to any of his old friends, or his gross old hippy girlfriend, but decided to call me right away after the slammer. I'm there for somebody-I'm strong, I'm positive, I'm drama and drug free, I'm not judgemental, and somebody can count on me. I feel ecstatic about being able to do that for someone. So after being heartbroken and depressed for awhile, it all paid off in that one conversation when he said he was happy. It makes me happy too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home