My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Happy 1/2 Year Anniversary

To me! In 2 weeks it will officially be 6 whole months in Las Vegas. I believe it was around this time last year that Todd started talking to me about moving here from Baltimore. It took me 6 months to save up and move out here and it was an amazing journey across the country. I've met great, interesting people, partied and made great stories and memories, learned even more about myself, played in an orchestra, bought a car, drank anywhere at anytime, and probably a lot more.

I've also discovered things about this town that i don't like so much. That everything in this town seems fake and not really important-jobs and businesses here are just existing to make money, not to be socially important or responsible for their employees. That kids grow up here fried from partying too much even at 18 absolutely hating life because they think the world sucks and it's not their fault the world sucks. That cocaine flows like water. That having no downtown is weird. That there's no real neighborhood feeling or culture. That everybody stays here, hates it, and will continue to stay here, and it's 6 degrees of everyone in this town.

Todd asks me a lot if i still like it here. It may not be my initial reaction from April: "God i love it! I'm so happy!" But it's definitely that I'm very happy I'm here and that I will stay for awhile. I know fun people here. I absolutely adore living and hanging out with Todd, Chad, and Mike, and when it comes down to it-people and a job are really what make a place. I don't have a decent job here, so the only thing I would move somewhere different for would be that. Maybe I'll start saving now so come June I will try somewhere different. And I'll keep doing it over again so I learn more about myself, have more experiences and memories, and finally land myself in a happy place where I have friends and a job I love. But for now-it's First Friday in Vegas and i wanna go out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home