My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 20

I get pretty fucking tired at this point to be blogging about my trip. I had a 14 hour drive two days ago, 12 hours the next day, and the most boring 11 hours yesterday to the Mall of America.
I left Deadwood and I stopped by "1880 town" which was this ridiculously awesome town preserved (i think?) from 1880. everything was sooo western, it was so awesome. i didn't make it to the pioneer auto museum because i was running short on time. i did stop by the corn palace in mitchell, south dakota. it was a big arena and the front had murals made out of corn. pretty cool, but these old ladies inside had a problem with my red hair. i suppose my cowboy boots fit in well in the west, but not my hair. i skipped sioux falls so i could make it to the mall before it closed.
I got to the Mall of America with an hour to spare. This place might have been cool when it first opened and nobody else had the same stores! but it wasn't even as cool as the Fashion Show Mall (which i really hated going to), and just seemed like another Towson Town. There was an amusement park in the middle (much like the adventure dome) which is cool, but i was by myself and not in the mood. I got some shoes at nordstrom and moved on. I stayed in the boring town of Bloomington, MN and went to bed early.
Today i woke up and didn't know exactly what to explore in Minneapolis. I went to the sculpture garden, which was definitely cool. The spoon/cherry sculpture is actually a fountain and much cooler to see in person. I went to the St. Paul Cathedral and headed to uptown Minn. There was some shopping and restuarants, but then i headed back downtown to my hotel. People were walking around in tshirts and shorts and it's only about 50 degrees. Damn i would not be able to stand it! Tom, Hilary's friend, picked me up after a nap and we went to eat at the Nicollet Mall area. Then we headed to the Triple Rock Social Club to see the Queers play! I know why they were so much more enjoyable when i was 16 years old... We had some beers then we left.
I take it this city loves bowling! And that there is much more to the music and cultural scene then i could experience in a day. There's not much to tour in a city by yourself. Once you've done the few museums/restaurant/bar things, that's it. you don't really get any scenery, and any idea for the place is best experienced through locals and actually hanging out for awhile. Unfortunately, the rest of my trip is all cities. Oh well, i'm really excited to get to pittsburgh and home at this point. I just want to be around people i know and am comfortable with. And i really have to get a pedicure

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Oh god. Your feets is nasty.

So are mine.

3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home