My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 8

I'm sitting on Morgan's bed, beside her, in a mess of all her clothes. So it's pretty much my old house. And she has a bunch of vitamins and healthy things she's trying to feed me.

I drove 15 hours yesterday, and miraculously wasn't tired. I stopped by Fort Bragg which was horrible!! there is no reason to go there, especially not for the North Coast brewery. But i did stop by there for some lunch. Then I had to continue up the PCH, which was really slow and bit annoying at this point of the trip, but there was some great flowers and beach areas. Then i got to Legget which has some great tourist tree areas, i drove through a redwood, i walked around "Confusion Hill", i really tried to find Hobbiton but no luck! The rest of the drive to Eureka took forever!! But i did drive through Redwood Forest so i can't complain too much.
I ate dinner at the Lost Coast Brewery. It was really good food, and i had a tangerine wheat beer which was amazing! There were so many gutterpunks eating at this place. A lady started talking to me explaining that the town was very much like a poor man's San Francisco/Berkely, and hippies are very frequent. It was way too cold and overcast for my liking, but an interesting area nonetheless. I started back the forever drive through the redwoods not filling up my gastank. In case you didn't know before now, there are no gas stations on the PCH or in the forest (for about 100 miles)! So my empty light goes on, it's getting really dark, and i was freaking out thinking what i would possibly do! Then a gas station appeared and i was saved. The drive on 5 was really boring after that, but luckily it was night and i had an energy drink so i didn't care. I passed a lot of great spots i missed, like an air tram you can ride around the forest. I met up with mikey mike in corvallis, the town of OSU. it didn't have a huge amount of stuff, but we went out for a drink and he does live in an ex-frat house so it was pretty

I woke up this morning and met Morgan in Salem, OR where we went to Enchanted Forest!! For hilary (and anyone else from pa), it's kinda like Dutch Wonderland. In otherwords, not a place i would ever go as a local-but I was completely entertained! Many pictures to come.
We drove into Portland and i'm just chilling now to go out tonight. We might go white water rafting while i'm here which is totally exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home