My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Hugs, not drugs

So i consider myself a pretty open-minded individual. I accept people based on anything, sure i may make fun of you for some things, but unless you personally affect me, i like you. The exception to this has always been junkies or potheads. I was that girlfriend that said, if you ever smoke pot, i'll break up with you. I was the friend that really never wanted to hang out w/ somebody again if they tried that shit. But when people asked me why i felt like this, the only excuse i really came up with was because i think drugs are stupid, that's all. I don't think i really owe anyone an explanation on my opinions, but for my own sake i thought i must find a deeper reasoning than this, or learn to accept people for who they are and what they want to do. Well, i learned well from Straight Edge Bethany that people do what they want to make themselves happy, and I can take them or leave them. If she could go a whole year watching me drunk off my ass, i figure i could try and change myself to like my friends even when they do cocaine, and perhaps, even start dating a pothead. Well i have changed, and i do accept it more than i did before. But now that i've opened my eyes to this and feel more comfortable talking about the subject, i'm trying to understand why it is that people do drugs, still smoke pot into their mid to late 20s, and why i don't even think about doing such a thing.
So "druggies" (just because i think that word is funny i will use it) tell me there's no difference in pot and alcohol (in fact, 'alcohol is worse'), everyone should try something once because you only live once, and doing drugs can be a great idea because you get to see how you react differently. I may now accept these people, but i think that's all bullshit. I was under the impression my friend was done with getting sick and staying up days at a time from hard drugs so left them alone now, he informed me he did some the other night and i cringed. Though i'll take him and not leave him, i had to ask, aren't you afraid that it will kill you? And he replies that he wouldn't care, he's going to die sometime. And i ask, but when you see your junkie friends die from an overdose, does that not affect you enough to stop? Are you telling me they wouldn't take back that one night so they could live for awhile longer? Wouldn't you regret dying from one night of mind-altering drugness instead of living? He simply said no.
So this is where i came to the reasoning for why i don't and won't do drugs. No, i'm not scared of dying, and yes, i love to try new experiences. But the best feeling in the world to me is being around my friends and laughing, or getting excited when a new boy i like is coming over. I can't fathom there's any drug that can replace the happiness and love that i feel for life. Life to me is all about relationships with other people, how i relate to them, and how it makes me happy. So i can't be that person who whould be ok with causing my own death and never having one last BCM get together, one more round of FG with Hilary, one more Hot Rod Circuit show. I may not understand these people, but i'm still trying my hardest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

THBBBTHTBBB- that's the sound of me trying to FG on my lower lip. Also, you might want to change "brake" to "break", and "Acception" to "exception". there..now I'm done being robert.

10:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crack is whack

10:29 AM

 
Blogger Ratface said...

spelling check complete

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Robert said...

ashli, i'd really prefer you not to talk about my rampant, self-destructive drug use so harshly. now hold my pipe for me, my hands are full with this straw and roach clip.

11:02 AM

 
Blogger Michael G Bare said...

You've obviously never tried a big ole syringe of Jesus Christ, now have you Ashli?

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home