My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bad date idea

I don't think there could be a worse option for a first/beginning date than going out for dinner. It really combines the most ocward, disgusting, and uncomfortable situations one can express to someone else they barely know. First, there's ordering. As a girl, I usually don't pay-so I sit there thinking "That steak sounds so god damn delicious, but it's $15 and I can't order anything really expensive," so i usually have to end up eating something that isn't exactly what i want. Then it comes to what you eat-you don't want to look like a total fatass by ordering an appetizer of mega proportions combined with a bowl of soup, plate of spaghetti, and cheesecake to top it off. Fortunately, i don't have a problem with looking like a fatass even if i did order that, but instead my strange eating habits come out at this time. I have a stomach the size of a peanut, so i eat about 4 bites and then i'm full. So i feel like a jerk for making my date pay for a meal i barely touch. Then there's how i look when i eat-my biggest concern is, is there food stuck in my teeth? It's uncomfortable to tell someone it's there, it's bad to hear, but it's worse when you discover in the bathroom a peppercorn that has been lodged between your two middle teeth for the past hour. I also manage to get food everywhere. On my clothes, in my hair, on my forehead. Then there's the conversation during dinner. You barely know each other, yet you're all alone with each other stuck in random conversation or sitting through that horribly uncomfortable silence where you have to look around the room for something remotely interesting. Once you're finished eating, it's always weird when the check comes. Do you offer to pay for something? Pick up the tip? Then there's the aftermath of a meal. Assuming you have to hang out a little bit after dinner, does your breath stink? How do you make the 5-10 minutes a poop will take to look like you're just going to the bathroom to pee? What if you went out for mexican food-how do you mask the gas? So, please, to all you men that are banging at my door for dinner invitations-let's go to the movies instead.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert G. said...

You might just be ever so slightly overthinking just a wee bit...

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Hilary said...

Hahahah ocward!

Stomach the size of a peanut? Is that why you can eat an entire bag of doritos in 2 days flat?

12:45 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

it takes you ten minutes to poop? damn girl i got it in 30 seconds flat.

11:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home