My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Boyfriend

Relationships vs. Frienships. It's kind of weird-you know your friends will always be there for you, unlike your boyfriend or girlfriend, but when you're in a relationship it seems like nothing else really matters. Even if you and your friends are taking a trip to London to meet Orland Bloom...okay this is a bad example. Even if you and your friends are watching Alkaline Trio, drinking Hooegardens (this is really just my fantasy), you're still thinking about the boyfriend that is back at home. You would ditch your friends for him, you would leave a party early to go see him, he seems too encompass all your thoughts all the time.
So when one of my best friends told me she would almost miss seeing me for my last time on the east coast because she wanted to hang out with the boyfriend she sees every weekend, I was pretty upset. But then I thought, maybe she can't help it. It's unfortunate, but there's a feeling a significant other can give you (bad or good) that friends never can. I was hanging out last night with a best friend i rarely get to see, having a great time laughing, drinking, making fun of people, and all i could think of was "Why hasn't he called?" I'll look back in a couple of years and wonder why i wasted so much time upset over the loser boys i've dated and regret not spending that time enjoying my friends, family, and life. But i guess that good, or in my case mostly bad feeling, isn't something you can just get rid of.
Man, i need to stop these emo posts and start a livejournal or something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

You are so emo right now. Go get a scenester hair cut.

OH...and I love that you misspelled "friendship" at the beginning of the post. You typed "frienship", and I totally thought you were being West Baltimore ghetto.
Turns out you just can't spell. How Ocward!

2:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so when i came back for stooie's funeral...bethy tryed to pullthis on me until i flat out broke down like the asshole i am and faught for her attention on the last night i was in town....we all say we'd never do it..except for sami jizzle...that is ditch each other for a dood...i think the thing is that we dont want to upset our significant others and make them feel unwanted or whatever ...but just like i told bethy that night..."if he's a good guy, he'll understand"..i seriously cant wait until u get here! then i can stop stealing lines from dr. phil---angeller

9:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home