My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Champagne for my Real friends and Real Pain for my Sham friends

Moving so far away leaves me with a weird feeling about so-called relationships. I called someone who i should never care or think about again but of course would like to see before i go. Of course he doesn't respond so i won't be seeing him. I think of how weird it is that some people may as well be dead-they were in my life for a brief time, but i will never see or hear from them again. It seems so final to realize this and really leaves me with no closure.
On the other hand, a few people have recently contacted me that i haven't seen in years, and it's really great to get back together with them. They're people I've thought about every couple of months but assumed might be dead because i never hear from them. So who knows, maybe when I'm out trying to buy a bag of heroin, I'm looking up bass clarinetists in California, or I stop at the Cranberry Mall eatery-I'll run into a couple more people that i assumed died.
Otherwise, having to say goodbye to the people that actually care about me has been a bit sad, but i know i'll still talk to them and see them. Moving out west may mean that i won't go to NYC 4 times a year to see Adam, drink with Janice every other week, have hilarious weekends at IUP destroying house parties, or play fart game with Hilary on the couch every night, but i'll still consider these people completely alive and a part of my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Heroin comes in a bag? I'm so out of touch.

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Robert said...

yeah, hilary, like you weren't high as a kite when you typed that.

10:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home