My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Vagabond

I've always liked to be adventorous and spontaneous. I liked moving into a new apartment every year and visiting different cities. I loved the idea of graduating college and moving to Baltimore, seeing what different possibilites and good times lie ahead. I was never scared to move, never really freaked out about it-just, hey cool, i'm pretty excited, ya. It wasn't until after I had graduated that I realized how confusing it was to finally be out of school and not know anything about my future. It wasn't until my dad said, "Hand over the credit card" that I worried about what I'd have to do to live on my own.
When i tell people I'm moving to Las Vegas, they're reactions are mixed.
"Oh, that's cool"
"That's so awesome, i'd love to just pick up and move like that too!"
"Vegas is not a good place to live"
"Don't leave!! Let's hang out once more" (Usually from the people that never hang out with me to begin with).
and "Aren't you scared? You're going by yourself!"
I'm not scared. I have no job, I have no place to live, I have no one with me on the drive out there, I don't know the directions to get there, I only know one person, hell I've never even been there. And I don't really care. Maybe it will hit me like it did in Baltimore. And maybe in 9 months, I'll move somewhere else.
I'm happy i don't have ties to anything or anyone right now and that i can satisfy my need for adventure and spontaneity. A new job, new apartment, new friends, and a try at a new outlook for really enjoying what's coming up next in my life instead of missing all that's already passed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Well thanks a helluva lot. I guess that baby we just adopted will be living with ME.

1:06 PM

 
Blogger Robert G. said...

My crazy aunt lost all her money and ended up in a furnished motel room in Vegas, waiting for nothing.

Just think about it is all.

2:21 PM

 
Blogger emerson said...

I did that when I moved to San Diego. I got off an exit, saw some cool guy walking down the street and asked "Hey, where do people move to when they first come out here?" I put my things in a storage space and lived in the moving van for a week while I looked for a place to live.

I look back on that and ask myself "You did that?!"

Vegas is a very depressing place but the arts community is (or at least was) very vibrant. You should have no trouble owning that city. Nobody stays though.

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home