My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Magical Thinking

I've just finished reading this book by Augusten Burroughs. I'm not going to post a big review, because i'm not as good as Old Punks Blog and because i barely remember the beginning of books by the time i get to the end. I've been happy with Robert's and Hilary's suggestions on my reading material-it makes lunch time go by quickly and humoursly. I like the way he just makes fun of his own life-it's nice to read about the rediculous occurences that happen to other people. By the end, it got real boring and those chapters were much less funny than the beginning. It also gave a little excerpt from his upcoming book, which seemed like just another chapter in Magical Thinking. I haven't read anything else by him, so i can't exactly judge.
I'm also reading Please Kill Me: An Uncensored Oral History of Punk At first i didn't like simply reading through a bunch of interviews, but it started to get interesting when Iggy Pop recalled all his dope days.
Being out of school means i actually have time to read leisurely. I'm always in the mood to be learning, so i enjoy it. Unfortunately Hilary and Robert are taking their collections to NYC so i supposed i'll have to start buying the books myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home