My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Employed

Today is my first day of work as a cashier at Urban Outfitters. Yes, i get to be a hip-dressed, dancing, crazy girl at the unnecessarily overpriced but still cooler than most stores shop. But when doing my calculations, i realized this retail salary won't quite cut it, even if i live in the cheap ghetto apartment i'm planning to.
So I applied to Diesel. I thought i was perfect for this situation-I worked there before, at the huge flagship main store mind you, and have loads of customer service experience. Plus i'm cute and have good style that i figure the customers would totally love. But Las Vegas Diesel doesn't seem to agree-which really upsets me. I wasn't only looking forward to some awesome free clothes, a good paycheck, and working for a great company, but I really think i would enjoy selling clothes on commision-i like talking to people and recommending certain styles.
Oh well...i went another route: I have an interview for waitressing at the Hard Rock Cafe today. Amber's convinced they like crazy looking people because people come to Hard Rock in Vegas looking for some insane rocckkkeerrrrs. Afterall, they have a set of 4 Kiss costumes when you walk in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home