My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Poseur

Two things I really hate that i have to deal with just because i like music and dress like i do:

Having friends that are music snobs. I appreciate very good taste, but I hate when people feel like they're opinions are the only ones that matter. So they don't like the bands i do or the movies i watch or the books i read. According to them, that means i suck and my taste sucks. They tell me how stupid the things are that i like. I realize it is their opinion, but my problem lies at the point when they're pushing it on me like i can't make up my own mind.
I also hate it when people quiz me on my music history. I was lucky I passed classical music history in college when i forced to take it, so of course i'm not going to give a shit about the background of every rock band. I read books and reviews sometimes because i find it interesting, but i don't need to know who the first punk rock band is or who all the different members of the new york dolls were in order to enjoy the music i listen to. i like what i want and i'll listen to what i want when i want to. i would think that would be more punk rock than doing research and listening to "the right stuff" because that's what i should do to be in this scene, but apparently it just makes me a poseur.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Quick- in what year was Beethoven born?

Try asking those fucks that question.

11:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home