My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Emofag

Perhaps my treck across the United States was more of an eye-opening/trying to figure out life experience more than i suspected. I spent half the week in my car realizing how hilarious and rediculous my awesome life is and the other half crying about why the hell i did something so drastic. Maybe it's PMS, maybe it's that i'm pregnant (ya...right), maybe it's just a cycle that happens to me every 4 years, or maybe it's my move-but i've been pretty depressed the past couple of days. In fact, I've been depressed ever since a couple months before I graduated college.
There was nothing wrong with Baltimore, MD, but I wasn't happy there. Yes it was a brave move coming to las vegas, but more importantly-a good idea for me to say "I'm not having a good time, I need to do something about it." But i've realized it's not my surroundings that affect my happy/unhappiness, it's inside. There's something always missing with me-like i've said in 130 posts, I'm 22 and shouldn't be worried about my life, but I can't shake it. If anybody were to ask me my goal in life, there's only one thing-to be happy. When i think about it, that's the only thing i'm not. I know what I don't like, but i have no idea what i do like that makes me happy, so it's impossible for me to achieve it.
I've always taken a step back from any situation i feel uncomfortable in or have upset feelings toward to try and figure out what's going on. To try and figure out, why am i upset about this? How will this actually affect me for the rest of my life? I have the answer, it's usually stop being a pussy about this, this isn't a big deal, go out and have fun. But that answer never helps me get over my unhapiness.
I really enjoy talking to people about my problems and hearing their advice and opinions. I usually don't take it, but talking through things helps me realize more about myself. But maybe what is really the truth about myself is-I'm just a super emotional, sensitive individual. I've always hated being a crybaby and letting things get to me, but maybe it's just who i am. Forget talking to people about my problems, trying to diagnose some depression, or apologizing for being this way. Maybe I just need to be comfortable with it and accept myself as this person.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert G. said...

Who says you shouldn't be worried about things at 22? Everyone's different. Some people do the stereotypical life "stages" thing and some don't.

I'm twice your age, and I still know a lot more about what pisses me off than what makes me happy, my family excepted.

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Hilary said...

There was an interesting clip this morning on the Today show about birth order, and how the youngest usually has the hardest time adapting. (Doesn't that make you feel better? Blame it on Mom and Dad.)
But seriously...you are brave to do what you did, and you know you can always come and stay with me. That's what big sisters are for- that and making fart noises.
Love you!

11:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home