My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Employee of the month

I'm convinced that the only job which actually makes sense is being a musician. If you're working-you're playing. When you're not playing, you're listening to the other players and learning about the music you have to know. Everything you do has importance.
Every other job I've had, I'm amazed that companies actually pay you to just sit around and be a body in their office/store/whatever. Probably more than half the time, there's no work to do but you have to make something up and look busy. Most likely because otherwise companies would realize they are wasting their money. I think the whole idea of trying to look like you're working is rediculous and unnecessary. So what if i want to play on the internet, to take a seat, or to talk to my coworkers?
I guess I can't complain too much until I get my ass back into gear, start practicing, and start wanting to work towards being a professional oboe player.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if there's time to lean, there's time to clean!

9:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home