My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Las Vegas music scene...

...kinda sucks. There's a lot of venues, mostly only for people over 21 though. Unfortunately, most of my favorite bands don't tour through here-but i lucked out and saw The Dwarves and Clit 45 within the past few weeks. No one was allowed to dance/mosh/move at the Dwarves show. In fact, when the band did-they kicked them off and shut down the show. As much as that sucks, I hated more the prentencious assholes that thought the girls wearing an American Eagle shirt and a denim skirt should be beat up-obviously they can't appreciate punk rock. Bullshit-I've always hated that about music fans-just because you don't look/act/have all the knowledge of that part, it does not mean you can't like the music.
Gutter punks have always seemed different to me. Probably because they're a bunch of 16/17 year olds. But maybe because they're just out to have a good time and are trying to find their place in life as much as anyone else. I went to the Clit 45 show and was surprised/dissapointed to see only about 20/30 people in this whole city at the show (me being one of 3 over 21-ers). But i was so happy to see this small group of young kids having fun pushing each other around just to laugh and get out energy, singing along to all the songs, and just having the best time they could have. They weren't making a dance circle so they could karate kick like stupid hardcore kids. They actually supported the scene instead of being too busy drinking or drugging. And they didn't bitch and complain to me because my friend and i looked different and didn't know them. Ahhhhh punk rock.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about indie bands not coming through your town....I have the same issue. This is why i started my website to support the indie artists/bands.

http://www.madeplanet.com

12:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home