My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Buddhist Dating Guide

No recent spam emails about how to date in the single world, no posts lately either-but I came across a good article from Yahoo's main page yesterday:
How Would the Buddha Date?

I studied buddhism just a bit in my religion class, but it flowed together along with every other religion along with every other liberal arts class i had to take. Nonetheless, I read the article and couldn't help but really see myself in what they were describing. Like seeing every person as myself and treating him that way.
The four arms of Avalokitsevara include wishing well for others and yourself, compassion, recognizing equality, and rejoicing in the success of others.
I really feel that, though I may be treated like shit, especially lately, I take each encounter and relationship I have with someone as a good experience and a lesson to be learned. I'm there as a good friend and will always care about people who have been in my life no matter what they have done to me.
The one area I'm not quite reaching in this buddha-advised-article is the ability to detach yourself in a relationship. They advise to live life in the present and not worry about things unchanging in the past. I've worked very hard this past year to do that, and I'm getting a lot better than i used to be. But i still can't help thinking about and missing all my exboyfriends a lot.

I remember talking to Andy about his ex girlfriend and he said, i don't think she was in the position to love me because she just didn't know and love herself. It took me awhile to figure that out and really understand it's truth. I'm very comfortable with myself and love finding out more about how i work. I really do love who i am, despite breakups, rejection, or anything else. And as this article states: "Make yourself the "perfect" mate, without being too perfectionistic about it, and you will be a good mate with almost anyone. When your heart is pure, your life and the entire world is pure."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home