My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Monday, November 06, 2006

A Life Story

I love hearing about people's lives. Like gutterpunks-how they squat, don't work, just live and have fun. Like Todd's ex girlfriend who was rich but ran away to hop traintracks and live as a bike messanger in Portland and Chicago. And especially people who are in the business I want to be in-I want to learn from them and hear how they started and how they are where they are.
I was talking with a guy in my office. (he's working for the lady who's developing a new artist for Sony). He's a super nice and young guy and finally I asked him what he does and how he got there. He's a promoter for boxers, for artists (like TI!) and is helping with the bookings of comedians and models. He said "the only way you get anywhere in entertainment is by chance. you know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody" He just happened to grow up with the nephew of a famous boxer trainer.
I mentioned that i used to promote shows, tried setting up a tour-but it was all for smaller bands. And he said to keep doing that. Eventually, someobody's gotta find out about one of the bands. People will have to start recognizing me around town as the girl that does that. I have to put my hands in a lot of different things and get out there and do as much as i can. I don't know if i'm ready to get back into that scene again though-but that story is for a whole other post.
Anyway, each time i talk to someone like this it motivates my life and gives me more ideas for what i should be doing. I should taking advantage of knowing lots of people here in Las Vegas and getting more involved so I can end up where I want to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home