My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Monday, November 06, 2006

No shoes here! Just a fatass

My coworker was asking what my vice is. You know, some women love to buy shoes...I told her mine is going out to eat. I love food, but most of all i love restaurants and the surroundings. I really don't like going to chains and I really don't like going to the same place twice. There's so many restaurants out there that I want to discover them all! I told Hilary I didn't want to move to NYC unless I had enough money to pretty much eat out every day of the week, that's how many good places there are.
Las Vegas is no exception-there's so many choices and, from what I've been told, many good choices. So far, I've been to Flemings Steakhouse(the one nice place Bob took me) for a delicious steak and lobster dinner! Had I a sugar daddy, he'd be taking me here. I decided to take Bob to Smith and Wollenskys which was super good/expensive steak, but not as delish. I've tried one of the "best of" Mediterranean spots near work which was just ok. A coworker suggested a Thai place on Saharah and Torry Pines-neighborhoody, but definitely affordable and good! Another thigh place I went was on Flamingo, in a shopping center, spicy but good. For my birthday, we tried a chinese place in chinatown-best scallops I've ever had! Bakers Brothers deli was another lunch stop-a lot like panera bread and a bit expensive. I went to the Original Pancake House for breakfast-i should have gotten the apple pancakes everyone suggests, but the semi-german menu was pretty good anyway.
Out of all the places-I'd rather go somewhere where food is maybe ok, but the surrounding is awesome. Like Firefly-a Tapas place which is totally hopping at nighttime with a salsa theme. Hash House a-go-go with the hugest plates, best bloody marys, and a neat hipsterish decor/menu. Crown and Anchor is an English Pub with not only a really great beer selection, but authentic menu choices all while you're sitting next to young, college kids. Next, we're going to Lucky Chengs-apparently they have one in Las Vegas! I hope the drag show and dinner compare to the hilariousness of the NYC karaoke.
And maybe i'll be less lazy and review all these restaurants i'm trying out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home