My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The restaurant guide

I may as well change this to a review of Las Vegas venues. That is if i got off my ass and blogged more then once a week.
Searching through the CityPaper, I thought it'd be a good idea to rip out the newspaper's eating guide and cross off everywhere I've visited and try something new everytime i go out. And even better-my new roommate Morgan is just as excited to do it as i am! (she and her mother used to do it back in Portland).
Voted Best Malts and Cheap Eats-we went to Otto's Malt Shop. It's super hip and right across from the college-they even have shows outside on the patio! The chocolate chip malt was definitely delicious and I got a double cheeseburger with mac n cheese. Everything looked very fresh and the burger had a sort of thousand island dressing on it. It wasn't the best thing ever, but the surroundings and family/friendly atmosphere were definitely comfortable.
Morgan, Mike, Nick, and I hit Pink Taco in the Hard Rock Hotel. I've heard it's a crazy night spot-as I'm sure anywhere in the Hard Rock is. I wasn't impressed by the chicken tacos, but the bloody mary's were pretty good and the huge margarita Morgan got was definitely worth 10 bucks.
After seeing all the $1.99 breakfast special billboards for Arizona Charlies, we went there for some drunk food at 2 am, and although it's nothing special and full of many townies, our meals totaled $5 which is pretty rad.
We've also been experimenting around the bar scene. Davey's Locker has a special-$3 for any beer and shot in the place. The Slanted Clam has dollar domestics 24/7 (they have PBR!) and $3 appetizers, and it's stocked with punk rockers standing beside crazy old men townies.
Morgan and I also hit up "Mandalay Mondays" where you get in free to 4 of Mandalay's Nightclubs: Mix, House of Blues, Forty Deuce, and Rumjungle. Ladies drink free 10pm-midnight. Mix is a bit of an older crowd, but has a gorgeous view of the strip from the 64th floor. There are pretty couches and decor and i felt like i should pick up a businessy, rich, sophisticated man in this joint. We headed over to House of Blues to drink free cosmos and watched Rockstar Karaoke where guests got to sing along with a house band to the song of their choice.

My Las Vegas tour so far is going well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home