My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Monday, August 13, 2007

le professional

that just reminded me how much i hate the use of 'le sigh'

anyway, sighs all gone, i was getting really sick of practicing lately. my reeds only work well when it's rainy and muggy outside. i live in las vegas, so that's about 3 days out of the year. but lately it's been rainy, and i'm somewhat happy with my playing. But practicing the same solos and excerpts is getting so boring! i'm driven for a january grad school audition, but it's so far away.
Then i got a call and an email from the UNLV orchestra director. He's invited me to play again this year and to practice my auditioning skills with the rest of the students coming in. He's also told me when the auditions for the Henderson Symphony are. I'm not even sure if there are oboe openings or if it's anything more than volunteer, but the next 2 weeks finally give me something to look forward to! I have a reason to practice, so wish me good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home