My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

ahhh....the ex. err, um, current

There was a time in my life when Hilary and i didn't talk as much. It was before she moved away so i was really annoyed at everything she did. Well, one summer she came back from a vacation in Europe and I probably didn't care much about her stories, but i couldn't help but hear all about a certain guy she met while on her trip. As we grew older, and as i started to care a little more about her stories, i kept hearing about this guy. They'd visit each other a lot, they're talk on the phone, they were pen pals. He was always 'the guy' that for almost 10 years now has never slipped her mind. I was wondering if i'd ever encounter my own Greg, but i'm glad i never have. I don't want to wait around to see if he'll ever write back, call me, or wonder if he actually gives a shit about what i'm doing these days, knowing that i am always thinking about what he's up to. Enough of the sob story history...

Hilary decided to finally write him a letter asking how things were going (oh, the advantage of myspace). Let's preface this by saying his girlfriend has added Hilary on myspace and leaves her comments. Why a current girlfriend would ever be ok with a longtime friend/lover/whatever you call it, is beyond me. Especially when they will never meet. But...here's the sweet letter he (or she?) writes back to my sister:

Hello,

Things are going very well. My girlfriend, Reham, and I have been in Wisconsin attending school for a little over a year now. We've been together for almost four years, and met at a friend's wedding. Reham will be beginning her clinicals soon, and I've been really focused on school and developing a strong portfolio, which hasn't left us too much free time. However, we try to travel here-and-there as often as we can, enjoying and discovering the outdoors as well as our new surroundings. Hope things are well for you, we wish you success,

Greg "His Last Name"


As much fun as I had dissecting the incredibly romantic letter Jim sent me, I'm enjoying this as well. First of all, why is he saying anything about his girlfriend when she asked nothing about her? If she would like to know about her life, I'm sure Hilary would have writtern HER a letter. Second of all, WE wish you success? I'm confused to who is actually writing the letter here. Is this girl really that excited for my sister's life and career? Either she's the most caring, selfless, un-jealous, perfect girl ever....or it's just creepy. I'm going with the latter. 3rd, a full name signage? Ray called me out and signing "ashley" after an email. He said it was really AWEKWARD and way too proper. It's not like Hilary forgot his last name or that he's writing some business letter. 4th, the whole thing just made me yell WTF and it's not even my guy.
So...based on this letter alone, I'm still glad i don't have my own greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home