My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Visits and Vacations 07

Last summer was my first in Vegas. It was nuts-I was working stupid jobs so I went out every night, met a whole bunch of people, and partied a lot. I've gotten a more solid job this year, I'm making more money, and I definitely go out but not as much. Instead, I've enjoyed the summer months by going on lots of trips and looking forward to visitors.
I took a road trip to San Diego with some girlfriends and swam in the ocean, saw seals, ate seafood, and hung out on cliffs. I went to San Francisco and did a couple touristy things, ate more seafood, and saw how hilly the city was. And I will going to Portland in October.
As the summer ends, I'm also getting visitors! It's pretty common for people I know to come through here. They don't spend their entire time with me but I like to meet up. But my sister came to spend the whole time with me in June. It was so much fun and we did a lot i wouldn't have done otherwise. Now it's Bethany's turn and she arrives tomorrow! She drinks quite a bit more than my sister, but she also doesn't like to see as many naked men or care about awesome restaurants as much. So I've made up this itinerary:
After her plane comes in on Wed, we go to the Art Bar and walk the strip a bit, then go to dinner at Dick's (http://www.excalibur.com/restaurants/dicks_last_resort.aspx). They encourage the waiters to act like jerks and there's nobody better to go with than her! Then we'll head over to open bar at the top of the stratosphere (maybe even take a ride at the top on the ones that always break). We might head to Dodgeball late that night. Thursday we'll head to Seamless for their vodka open bar and boobies, then go to Metal Skool!!. Todd and Sarah can take her out after that because I'm going to need to catch up on sleep. Friday we'll go to the open bar/free buffet at Treasures, see Thunder From Down Under!, and I was hoping to go to the sweet live performance/4 star Elvis Restaurant, but it's closed. So we'll have to go to Freemont and see all the crackheads! Saturday night all my friends will be attending the Guttermouth show where we will drink and be merry. After a Sunday morning breakfast and bloody mary, Monday is Bethany's birthday. This is when I plan to tour my favorite (and soon to be hers) bars: Double Down, Dive Bar, Crowne and Anchor, Slanted Clam, Emergency Room, Hogs n Heffers, and Bunkhouse. Then we drunkenly get home, and she leaves.
Next, Morgan's itin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home