My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Going Raw

I was working my new job last night (that's right, update: quit urban, now working for miss sixty and scored some pretty cool jeans), and besides one of my coworkers being a vegan, the other is going on a raw-diet-detox.
Morgan mentioned something about detoxing for a week and just drinking a mixture of water/maple syrup/cayenne pepper. I was at a county fair and saw this special thing you put your feet in so all the toxins of your body flow out through your feet. Obvs, none of these seemed too appealing. But just eating raw fruits and veggies for a week seemed somewhat doable for me.
There's lots of books on it, explaing the health, skin, weight loss, and general happiness positives of the diet. Turns out people actually live like this for the rest of their life so it's not too hard to find some pretty good recipes

Apparently cooking food over 117 degrees gets rid of most health benefits, so it's better to prepare them with a dehydrator. There are toxins left in your body from things like alcohol, microwaved food, etc. so i'm interested to see if i poop out a gross amount and if i really do feel better after the detox.
I need a little support so I've asked my boyfriend to try it with me for a week. Of course i have to wait for a week where i'm not working 70 hours or have a party to attend so i can really detox.
Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Good luck!! I think that sounds like a great idea. I'd do it with you too!

2:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home