My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Selfish Shellfish

Hilary and I went for a farewell dinner at my Uncle's house. Since all but about one or two people who read this read hers, I won't go on about the details. But we had lobster! And learned from a real New Englander how to eat it: delish! I asked them where the steak was, since I'm so used to being taken out for Surf and Turf on dates (ya...right).
But speaking of dates...and my family...I realize I come from a household where both parents are college graduates, hell my dad has his doctorate. I'm sitting at my Uncle's house last night thinking, this is great conversation! We're lawyers and college professors and musicians.
The only boyfriends I've had were in college and had real career goals. I think i related to them much better and could really see a future with them because they could see one for themselves. Adam thinks i need a sophisticated hot guy in a business suit from the city to date-but i don't think he'd be fun and immature enough for me. College made it easy to find those really fun party guys who at the same time were intelligent enough to be attending school. Now that i'm out-my pool consists of fun party guys who, well, only party and have fun.
I'm not complaining all that much-I really just wish people could learn how to spell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

this post is proof of why you'll never REALLY be a punk: you have nice teeth and play the oboe.

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Hilary said...

Yes because we all know REAL punks have rotted teeth and play the bassoon.

12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home