My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Is giving in giving up?

Todd and i were having a drunken girl talk last night and we were discussing how do you really know you like somebody and when are you just masking some other excuse for it? For example, when i find a boy and fawn over him, is it because he's really great or because i'm lonely and hardly have any other friends? is he the one or have i been ditched so many times lately that the first person to pay attention to me seems perfect? do i just feel bad because he really likes me and i should really give it a chance?
I'm sure there's been a number of times when I've liked a boy for all the wrong reasons and not because there's an actual connection, but when i think about all the boys in the past, there's only about 3 or 4 that really stick out in my mind. The ones i thought i made an excuse for at the time are the ones i still think about and are still a part of me. They must be the only ones i did have a real connection with.

I've only had two boyfriends, but I've dated a few more than that. I've realized what i like and what i really don't like in a person and in a relationship. I've also come to the realization that no one is perfect and you have to accept some things even if you don't like it. But how much are you supposed to accept before it turns out you're really just dating this person who isn't at all your type or what you want? Am i supposed to deal with a little bit of drugs because he's really funny and cute? Do i accept him never paying for a drink or taking me out to dinner because he really makes me feel good? Finding a good connection and feeling with somebody is very hard for me, so when i find it do i just deal with his shitty side? Or am i supposed to give up that rare connection because there's a few uncommon things between us?

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Remember when Gilbert (AKA American Idol Winner) took you out to dinner and forgot his wallet?
Classy.

10:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home