My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Out with the old, in with the new

I'm a pretty nostalgic person. I love thinking about good times and great situations and remembering how awesome they were. When these good times happen on vacation, a one night stand, or something else very semi-permanent, it's so easy to look back and enjoy them. It's so easy because you know you've got something to come back to even better. But what happens when what you've got nothing to come back to? Friends, boys i like, and the places i hang out just aren't part of my routine anymore. Someone's moved, or most likely, somebody's changed.
If I go back to college it isn't nearly as fun because not everyone is there, or they might be too busy with their boyfriends. If i go back home, almost everyone has moved on and i only have one or two friends.
But when I'm home and haven't gone anywhere or done anything and things suddenly seem different, it's weird. Maybe it weirds me out because I've never had to deal with starting over twice. I moved out of Hanover right away leaving no time for me to cry over gone friends. I graduated and moved away from college while the rest of them were still there. When my sister left Baltimore, I was out to a new city too. I've never had to recreate my starting situation and make new friends and discover new things in a place where I had all those just the day before. It just feels weird, having to start over a second time when I've just begun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ipshi said...

hey there ... just came across ur blog in my ramblings along cyber scape .. u really write well ... and im sure im b back again to see how ur doin :)

6:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home