My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Friday, June 16, 2006

There's other jobs in the sea.

I wish I could treat getting dumped by a boy the same way I take getting dumped by a job. I went for two "interviews" in the past two days and this is what happened:
After being weirded out at almost everything that has to do with Make it or Break it, I was offered a position as a VJ/Editor/Producer trainee for 30 unpaid days. I thought about it and realized the skills and programs I would learn could be very beneficial and told them yes. But, apparenlty 3 days a week are not enough to dedicate. They'd prefer people who can somehow manage to spend 20 hours a day, 7 days a week, unpaid, and continue to live and function in their lives. I've done 2 internships now in my life, and although they were fun and interesting, they've really gotten me nowhere. So I was totally ditched from these guys-but oh well. Good luck to them to find another white, funky, fun girl who's had VJ and studio experience who's willing to spend that time. Their loss.

I was stopped a week ago and asked if I did any modeling or acting experience. Aside from high school, I told her no. So she gave me a card and today I went into the Tru Talent Management office. I delivered quit the monologue (while realizing how much I miss acting) and she was quite impressed. She also told me starting costs were $1700 and then I'd be getting auditions and all that jazz. Ok, so these guys didn't ditch me-but the sheer amount of money pretty much ditched me.

I really love and appreciate these opportunities. I would absolutely love to do them, but money is the huge problem. It sucks that this "business" isn't like accounting or computer programming-you have to start out as low as possible and spend all your money. What really sucks is that I've already done this twice. When do I get to advance? So I'll be mad about it for maybe a week and maybe when someone brings it up. But i keep thinking, there are many more possibilities right around the corner. If i didn't get the job, I obviously wasn't meant to do it in my life. Why can't I say and except those reasons when boys don't like me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home