My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lava Life

I've done it. I've joined a dating site. No, things haven't gotten that desparate, and no, I'm not even in the mood to have a boyfriend right now. I just listen to my sister's hilarious stories and thought it'd be fun to branch out of the 18-year-old, cokehead, pick up a dude at a divebar scene. I certainly have a type of guy that's tall, skinny, had a mohawk at some point in his life, is covered in tattoos, and really appreciates a good pabst blue ribbon. But why not meet other people right now? I don't have too many friends here and I think it's a great time in my life to just see what's going on out there and what I can learn from different people.
Afterall, pretty much all of us are on Myspace-clearly a glorified dating service. We check each other's pictures, the age, where they work, what they're friends look like, Myspace just doesn't look as....desparate.
Most of the men on my Lava Life are about 40. Or 50. And I don't know if i'd go on a date with even a 22 year old on there, but at least it gives me something to pass the workday by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home