My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Show Time

It's been quite awhile since I've really put on a show. Since bands played parties in our basement. Since kids smoked in the bathroom and pissed on walls and venues never called me back. Since I ran small pa's for local kids and some touring band i dug.
I had my first Supernova meeting and walked into the venue which looked a lot like an Amvets basement i used to rent out for about $50 a night. Costs are a little different, and the idea of throwing 10-12 bands on the bill is also a little different, but all my excitement came back from the 5 years ago i used to do it. From the bands we met with, some were really excited, some just walked out, and some were pretentious.
Either way, my boss was totally chill and quite sure the Supernova format will work anywhere. I'm sitting with a feeling, maybe because I'm the only girl in the room, or maybe it's because I think this will end up just like Pennsylvania-but I was a bit nervous. Nervous that no matter how i run things, it will never be good enough for the scene. That kids will badmouth me for no reason other than to do it. That since i don't go to every show in the city and haven't been in the scene for 10 years, I'm not good enough to even be doing it. Ok so now i'm just ranting about Hanover and making it sound like i actually take it seriously.
But my thoughts of having venues shutdown because of dancing and bands bitching and complaing are valid concerns of mine. Las Vegas does seem a lot cooler for how people treat each other and that bands are glad to just be playing. And I am older and I'm backed by a huge company this time. But I won't change the person I am to try and become some wellknown scenester around town knowing every band in the area or care if they have some great respect for what i do. Screw what other people think-i'm really excited for the show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home