My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Viva Las Vegas?

Yesterday I went to yet another place to talk about renting out a room for an all ages battle of bands. And yet again-I got a no. I'm so discouraged that no one cares about kids and supporting them in this town. I'm over 21, I guess I shouldn't be complaining-i drinking whenever i can, wherever i can, i'm at the prime party time of my life at the prime party spot of the nation. I suppose it's a catch 22: it's constant drunk spring break in Las Vegas, but i never get to go back to regular non-spring break time.
In New York you can semi-escape by going to Central Park, or a zoo, or a museum. Sure, there's suburbs here, but say i'm speaking from a 16-year-olds view: there's nothing for kids to do here! I was talking to somebody about growing up here, telling them that Hanover didn't have anything special either. But we'd go to movies, malls, hang out the house, football games, parks-all things every small town or big city has! Why can't kids here do that and be happy?
Well when a city is based on partying-that's the only thing it really cares about. It promotes drinking, it promotes sex, it promotes being up all night to party-not thing kids need to start at age 13. Being a drug addict or having sex all the time or drinking at 18 doesn't make you a bad person, but what the affect the lifestyle has on people can.
No wonder Las Vegans are completely depressed about life and complain all the time-they've put so much shit into their body and their brain all their life. They don't learn that there's redeeming qualities about making your self and your body happy so they never will be. They never want to leave here because they don't realize there's an advantage to that. The next closest place is about 4 hours away so they haven't grown up learning there's more out there and there's different people to meet. Working service or retail jobs for their whole life is no big deal, cause those can be the best paying jobs here.
I really like Las Vegas sometimes, and everybody that said 'you'll hate it there'-never really had a reason. But i know why-the people don't care about themselves, each other, and it's lead me to realize there's no way it'll change. There's no future here that will lead to a good career anywhere else. I guess I should just come back on spring break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home