My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Moneybags

Well, i closed a big deal yesterday. No, correction: a huge deal.
Providing everything goes through, and providing my taxes this year aren't too much over 25% of my income, I've already reached my school goal of 12 grand, 1 grand for apps, and another thou for my trip across america. I can even go to europe next summer on 2 thousand.
So, what to do with my money now? I bought a book hoping for advice on investing, but i'm just so scared of losing it all and stressing out that i think i'll listen to my mother instead.
I'd like to pay off half of my car and refinance the rest, get rid of my pesky credit card and get one that's a reasonable interest rate, pay off my cheapest school loan, and treat myself to something nice.

So in my thought of treating myself, i walked through the mall going in and out of dior, chanel, dolce and gabana, and fendi. The purses i liked were are about $2,000. I could honestly afford that at this point, but $2000? Really? What happens next year when i'm eating top ramen and living in a closet thinking wow, i've got this really sweet purse beside me. But i'd much rather have the money.
I can't even bring myself to walk in a nicer shoe store and invest in a pair of heels that won't fall apart after a few months. My value city nine west ones are completely unwearable (though i still wear them) after 4 years. I don't even know if i want to give them up, or why i wouldn't just keep buying a bunch of cheap tj maxx pairs.

I guess i've been so used to being frugal my whole life. That's probably a good thing-that's why i actually have money in the bank and why my friends that are the same age can't manage to save up money to pay off credit cards or to go to school. Besides steak dinners and shots for everybody at the bar, I promise to actually spend this big check on myself. So maybe you'll see me with a fendi bag, some gucci shoes, or about 10 shopping bags from ross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home