My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

GPS System Comparison

Now it's time for me to make a little comparison of my christmas present to myself: A GPS system! They're a lot more affordable now than when they first came out, and i'm certainly making more money than that time as well. Steve gave me some advice: go for one with good points of interest, and the extra $100 is worth having the system read street names to you.

Soooo...black friday is in two days and I've found the following deals:


Mio DigiWalker C230 GPS Navigation
$99.99

It's the cheapest GPS to come with street names. It also reroutes well, has good points of interest, and lists the shortest/fastest/etc. routes
It doesn't have Cadanadian maps and the screen is a lot smaller than all the others.


TomTom ONE LE GPS
$119.99

The points of interest aren't very broad.
It has Canadian maps and it will base your trip and the shortest time/distance/etc.


Magellan Roadmate 1200 Portable GPS
$124.99

It doesn't speak the street names, but the maps are very detailed


Garmin Nuvi 200 GPS
$169.99

There are no street names announced and it doesn't have Canadian maps (on my road trip to Vancouver this could be a problem)
But it's easy to install, it has extensive points of interest, and it will re route if you change your direction


Garmin StreetPilot c340 GPS Navigation
$199.99

This will announce the street names and also has a map of Canada. Garmin has great points of interest and you can chose different routes and name them.
Apparenlty it has a 4 hour battery life, but I have no idea if that's average or not.



Of course price is important, but with such an investment I want to make sure I have lots of points, a Canadian map, and rerouting.
My first choice is the Garmin c 340, then Mio, then TomTom, then Garmin Nuvi 200, then Magellan.

I'm only mapping this out because I'll have about 2 minutes to grab one while running into Circuit City dressed like a turkey on Friday. Next, check out presents for my family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home