My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Recording: Check

I finally got through my recording yesterday! I didn't need to stress out as much as I did, I had ample time to prepare everything and get together with my accompanist. I'd never been inside a recording studio and the sound was so crisp and good. The mic was so powerful and close, you can hear every click of my keys and every breath i take. That's a bit of a problem-but oh well.
I started with the Marcello and took awhile correcting everything I wanted to on the 2nd movement. It turned out beautifully though. I did the 3rd movement next and was just not on with my toungeing and fingering, but oh well. The first movement went smoothly. I moved onto the Saint-Seans but my chops were almost shot at this point, so I didn't do too much correcting. The third movement went better than I thought it would, but the first wasn't the best. We ended with the Italian Dance and finally got it up to a tempo I was satisfied with. I hit all my runs which is great! I did my excerpts after that, and it was so easy to hear how my tone and pitch sounded. They went well.
I sat in the editing room and listened and watched how he did things. It was interesting, but seemed very tedious! I won't be able to go back until Monday, but I'm very excited! And finally relieved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home