My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Monday, October 29, 2007

LA the real way

I went to LA the first weekend i moved to the west coast. Well, it turned into me only going to Hollywood and I've been meaning to go back ever since. I know quite a few people out there and couldn't wait to visit high school, college, and random friends. But, shocker, not too many people followed through.
I met up with Eric and Dan, reminisced, and finally got my Pez tattoo. I walked around the garment district, upon recommendation from my coworkers. It was really cool to see all the fabric, beads, and accessories. I don't work on clothes too much anymore but if i did-it would have been great! We walked around downtown and i came to the realization that la is a lot bigger than i thought. There were signs everywhere for the ballet, symphony, and the arts district (which is nice to know considering i got a recommendation for checking out USC for grad school). We then headed to Venice Beach where i expected to see some major crazies. It was a little rainy and a little late, so unfortunately it ended up a bit like the Ocean City Boardwalk (did i just say unfortunately??). There was a bum walking on glass, a rollerblader with a guitar and attached amp, and a couple good costumes. And the idea of muscle beach really cracked me up.

We met up with another Hanoverian that night, and Aaron took us out in Hollywood to Powerhouse and Tini's, the cheap punk rock bars in the area. Last call sucks but it was really fun to see all the crazy LA people dressed up for Halloween, and it seemed fun to walk around the crowded city in such nice weather!
The next day we went to Santa Monica and saw the Pier and drove up the PCH to look at the houses in Malibu. We ate lunch at a really awesome fish place. I don't even like fish and i loved it.





The tattoo (unfinished)




Yes, it hurt. But no, not as much as i thought it would

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home