My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

the 'hella' collection

i've signed up to do another fashion show. i'm pretty excited because i've had some design ideas in my head for awhile now that i haven't sat down and actually tried.
well here's my motivation! i even bought patterns after paul's mom rediculed me, and joann's was having a big 1.99 sale anyway. well, my bubble hem dress did turn out much better when using the pattern. then again, it ended up looking like a potato sack in general, but i guess that's the design!
i was walking around the mall yesterday looking for an audition dress and trying to avoid all the cheapo looks, but i strolled in a few trendy stores. i noticed everything i seem to be coming up with in my head is either some other form of what's already in stores, or some random piece of clothing that people would not normally wear and will end up looking trashy.
i got kind of upset, but then i thought-well they're my designs. i can't just come up with ideas of great stuff if my mind doesn't allow for it. and besides, i'm pretty trashy and i'm the only one that ends up wearing the stuff out as it is.

so, next weekend, along with the usc audition i'm frantically preparing for, i'm going to take a visit to the la garment district. the last time i went i wasn't in the mood to make clothes, but now that i can't find what i need at hancock and joanns, i'm very excited for the blocks and blocks of fabrics that are in the city.
oh ya, i'm excited about the audition too. wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home