My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Heartset

It's weird how sometimes I'm completely able to roll with the punches, and other times ill stick to my plans no matter how good doing the opposite would be.
For example, when i quit/got fired/whatever craziness happened in january-no biggie. i just chilled out, practiced, made some clothes, and didn't have a full time job for about 2 months. I started a new job, it's going great.
A lot of times I'll get really upset about how things are going, but they always work out in the end. Having to leave my friends in my previous cheap house? Upset at first, but now i like my new roommate. A dude totally dicks me over? Fine-i meet another dude next that treats me way better.
But sometimes I have my heart set on new opportunities and can't change my opinion on it. Like when i went for my audition at Temple. I made up my mind that i hated Philadelphia before going there. I auditioned and probably wouldn't have gone even if i did get in. Same with Los Angeles, I'd already made up my mind that I didn't want to live there. Well I'm planning my trip back to Pennsylvania. Moving to Pittsburgh has become a failsafe option for me, but now I've totally convinced myself of loving it. I suppose if i really build something up, it makes me not regret leaving things behind. At any rate, I'm leaving a great job here that has such potential. Besides that, there are a ton of jobs in LA right now that i could be applying for in the music industry.
I just feel like I wouldn't even want them because i'm already so excited for this cross country trip and living near my friends. But that's pretty stupid-friends with a probability of a job, or somewhere else where i'm guaranteed one. I guess it comes down to the fact that i'm afraid of settling somewhere too soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home