My life...is apparenlty good enough for you to be reading about.

Friday, March 28, 2008

My Portfolio

No, not like the painting kind. The financial kind (oooo). Since I struggled and barely pulled a B in Finance 101, I decided books and internet research wouldn't be good enough to educate myself on investments. So i went to somebody!
Since I'm pretty scared of losing the money I've saved in case of some freak accident (ahem, no health insurance), making a rash decision of buying some real great car or house, or not getting another job, he showed me some options that would make more money than it would lose money. He said most people don't start investing until they're in their 30s so it's good i start now. But he suggested just getting my feet wet in things that won't have the biggest return, so therefore won't be as big a risk.
Another option is dealing with the investments i've apparenlty had since i was a child from my mom and grandma. Since I don't have much emotional attachment to these and they're not worth too much, I think I'm going to put that into an index. It's not as specialized as an individual fund which can lose my money quickly; it's spread out amongt 25 different companies.
Since I'm so obsessive about money, it'll be hard to just let this money go and ride the market until I'm quite a bit older. But you can't make money without taking some risk. It's better than just leaving it in the bank. So, for my next career endeavor: plan to make a whole bunch of money again next year. To reinvest of course!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

two words:

pork bellies

10:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home